Tuesday 27 November 2012

Paul McCartney in Vancouver

This past weekend I was very fortunate enough to attend the Paul McCartney show at BC Place in Vancouver.  The whole experience was absolutely fantastic!  I am a huge Beatles fan, and I like a lot of the Wings stuff too... the set list was a great mix of mostly Beatles tunes, and the Wings huge hits.  38 songs, 3 hours of non stop entertainment.  Electrifying atmosphere!  To be in a building with 40,000 people singing "Hey Jude" in perfect unison is something I will never forget and always feel fortunate to have been there at that moment...



The songs spanned decades of an amazing career.  Early Beatles to The White Album.  Wings to present day.  The catalog is immense and there was a buzz towards the encores... of "What's next..?"


The show couldn't have kicked off any harder and energetic as it did with "Magical Mystery Tour"  I thought to myself... "Wow, this is going to be awesome..."  It was.  Every second of it start to finish!  Sir Paul may be 70+ but man, this guy left it all on stage, no breaks, no costume change, present for 3 hours rockin' and rollin with the crowd mesmerized at the sheer spectacle of genius.


I have had the good fortune to have seen many great bands and artists in my time..  this show was quite possibly the very best of the lot!  An incredible journey into the soundtrack of my life...  Thank you Paul McCartney for all the music and memories.

 McCartney Magic: Sir Paul has 40,000-plus at B.C. Place eating out of his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment